Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Disease Addendum

I feel like the post I made earlier needs an explanation.

I talked to my mother right before, and our conversation left me feeling a little bit irritated. You see, growing up in another generation gives someone a completely different view of dating and marriage, and my mom was just trying to come to grips with why my dating life seems to lag at times.

She wasn't saying that there was anything wrong with me, but after I hung up, I still felt like I had been hit by a plague. I wrote the synopsis of my "disease" - singleness - and posted it in a desperate attempt to find a cure.

It turns out that the only cure is time, and I'm willing to wait as long as I need to find someone worthy of my love.

So no, I'm not contagious. You needn't run away in fear. And, I most likely won't bite... unless provoked (just kidding). I'm completely happy the way I am, and I'm not worried at all about the label of 'single.'

It just means I'm not planning to settle for less than the best.

No comments: