Saturday, September 1, 2012

Home Cooking in the Village

 Greenwich Village is one of my favorite neighborhoods in this city. Everything is so eclectic and homey, and the quaint cobbled streets are adorable. 



The other day I decided to go to Chelsea Market (which, as the name might suggest, is actually in Chelsea... but it's close enough to also be considered the Village). With a mix of Anthropologie, gourmet cooking shops/grocery stores, fancy restaurants, and a fantastic bookstore, I was basically in Emily heaven.


 

I wandered through aisles of delicious-looking vegetables and exotic truffle oils before remembering that my kitchen is literally 20 square feet big and currently infested with roaches.


That won't stop me from dreaming about a time where delectable meals are a regular occurrence at my house. You're all invited to squeeze into my (slightly larger) living room to partake of something delicious.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Where in Chelsea was that market? And did it have some sort of vaguely biblical name? Jeff's uncle has a place near Chelsea and we go to this market there all the time. I just can't remember what it's called. Maybe it's the same place? Not like there could be two markets in Manhattan.

Emily said...

Sarah,

The Chelsea Market I visited is just called Chelsea Market. It's underground between 9th and 10th Ave. and 15th and 16th streets. Visit chelseamarket.com to see more about all the fanciness in there. And, if you ever remember the other name (Zedekiah? Malachi? Jezebel?), let me know, and I'll check it out, too!

Unknown said...

NYC is incredible! There is nothing you cant find or get there.
GREAT post :)

ZARA gift card giveaway for $400 on
http://fashion-a-holic.com/2012/09/page/6/