Friday, July 10, 2009

European Adventures: The Mullet Chronicles

I have decided to chronicle my time in Europe through a series of mullets. I have seen more here than any bad 80s hairdresser, and I've just started taking pictures to create a memory book filled with creative, crazy, and cute (is there such thing?) mullets.  One would think that they're all the same, but believe me, a mullet can be worn in many different fashions.  Americans have recently become more familiar with the "reverse mullet" worn by Kate Gosselin, but Europeans have yet to catch on to that craze.  With only a few styles of mullets under their belts, Spaniards wear them in one of two ways: the business in front/party in back-style, or the "I want a short haircut but I'm not willing to give up my length"-style.  The wearer can then decide to pull the mullet back into a half-ponytail, with the top hanging freely, or clip the top whilst allowing the mane to flow gently down their back.  It's wonderful that I have finally learned to recognize and respect all the many varieties of mullets.  This is one step to becoming a more loving individual.  After all, I think Jesus's hairstyle was as mullet-esque as deity can get.


This man wears his mullet proudly at Tibidabo, Barcelona's premiere mountaintop amusement park.  Adding to the finesse of his hair is the lovely green backpack, and his enthusiastic smile (not pictured) as he watches his son or daughter on the carousel.  Please try not to judge.

3 comments:

whitney said...

The answer is "NO!" there are no cute mullets! This is a FACT. As we used to say in high school "Fear the mullet!"

Rob and Vienna said...

Hooray for mullets. Especially European ones. Though I did have a reverse mullet once, against my will of course, and I dunno when I've been in greater dispair.

KLC said...

Do you recall the mullet call? ( :