Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wow. Just wow.

I got this email today:

Dear Students,
We have two request for interrupters.
One is from the Logan School district. They need someone who speaks Mandarin Chinese. If you are interested please call xxxxxxxxxx.
Second, we need someone to help the missionaries interrupt Marshallese for a family they are teaching. If you are interested please call xxxxxxxxxx.
Thanks,
The Logan Institute

I responded as such:

Dear Institute,

I'm just writing to inform you that I won't be volunteering to interrupt anyone. I think that interrupting is rude, and I don't appreciate you asking us to do something so un-Christlike. Also, I can't interpret for you, either, because I'm not fluent in Mandarin or Marshallese. Good luck finding someone to do this job for you. In the meantime, I'd brush up on your fluency in English.

An Institute Student

Am I going to Hell for this? Probably. Does it feel good to let stupid people know that they should learn to spell? Definitely.

4 comments:

Katie Wright said...

You are fantastic

Sorensen said...

This made my day better.

Emily said...

You are the best. I would ask you to interrupt for me any day.

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness. It's been a month or so since I've visited your blog, but this is hands down the most hilarious thing I've read all week. Thank you for making my day/night better, Emily. You are awesome. :)