Friday, May 6, 2011

Major Weeper

I think it is assumed that all girls cry a lot. I don't generally fit the stereotype, although I have been known to shed some tears at awkward/unusual times. I used to sob every week when I watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. There were those Disney fireworks, and also that one time when I told my mom about Of Thee I Sing. I acknowledge that my emotions can sometimes get the best of me, but I don't (usually) burst out in tears when overcome by emotion. I'd like to think of myself as more of a screamer than a crier.

Maybe I was wrong.

Today, I got choked up not once, but twice. The first time was at school as I read Love You Forever to one of my students. The second was as I arrived at my second job and sat down to check my email. Maybe I'm pregnant. Maybe I have too many raw onions floating around my life. Maybe I need to get a grip. Whatever the cause of my silly emotional outbursts, I know that it felt so good to let those tears stream down my face as I said a silent prayer this afternoon. I'm sure that I'll go back to my normal, screamy self within a couple of days. For now, though, I'm going to embrace the tears.

2 comments:

Erica & Benjamin said...

Love You Forever makes me cry EVERY TIME, so at least you know you're normal about that one.

Emily said...

If you are crying because you're pregnant, I'll cry. Because that would be a miracle here on earth.