Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tidbit

For the past two weeks, I've had so many ideas floating around in my head and absolutely no clue how to tie any of them into some fantastic balloon-animal of thought. Thus, the night beckons me, and I'm here to spill something on the screen of this blog. Hopefully it's worth reading.

Summer started a little over a week ago, and I'm getting into the swing of things as I adjust my social life to fit this town when it's vacated of its resident students. There is much less traffic, shorter lines at Cafe Rio, and a general emptiness that leaves me a little sad at times and very grateful at others. I've reestablished a lot of great friendships that I let fall by the wayside during the semester, and I'm glad that these people are willing to overlook my social neglect in order to listen to my nightly rants, sing Broadway with me, or just drive around looking for mischief.

Tonight, I did all of the above.

While I knit my way into a dizzy stupor, Tyler and I drove down to Ogden so that he could purchase a new CD at FYE. Actually, he had a coupon to get the CD for free, and we figured that the cost of gas wouldn't affect the end price too much. Plus, how often do you get to sit in the car with one of your best friends, just talking and laughing about all sorts of stupid stuff? My ghetto impersonation is a lot better after taking lessons from Glozell... I mean Tyler. Also, my love of Magnums has returned with their arrival in the good ol' U.S. of A. I'm planning to eat my weight in gourmet ice cream this summer. I'll just have to make sure to do lots of hiking so that it doesn't show.

And with that, I encourage you all to buy your own box of Magnums (no, not the condom), and have a great day!

No comments: