Saturday, February 12, 2011

(500) Days of Me.

(The following is an extremely self-centered post. You've been warned.)

Have I ever mentioned how I want to be Zooey Deschanel when I grow up?

Well, I do.

In a half-hearted effort to be more like her, I cut myself some bangs. I rock them, and they definitely help me fill out some of the prominent facial features of Miss Zooey. Now, I just need to work on the rest of her trademarks:

First, I need some jumpers or other 50s-esque attire.

This uber-expensive dress from Kate Spade should do the trick.

I've got the bicycle, the bangs, and the guitar-playing best friend.

I could probably use some fans, or a random cult following, but I actually prefer my anonymity.

And last but not least, I'll need some signature dance moves. Currently, my style is something between the mashed potato and the jerk, but it's a work in progress.

I'll definitely keep you posted on my 500-day transformation from Emily, the quirky girl with bangs, to Emily, the quirky Zooey Deschanel lookalike with bangs.

No comments: