Monday, July 13, 2009

Mullet Addendum

After my post about mullets, they started cropping up everywhere I looked.  Unfortunately, I was unable to catch any pictures of these rare specimen, because I wasn't in a public space where I wouldn't be noticed. (I can just imagine someone seeing me take their picture on the metro; what a reaction that would be.)  Anyway, I just had to let all of you know two more versions of the mullet that I found last week.  

1) The dread-mullet: This person cut the top of their hair like they were ready to join a league of professionals, and, perhaps, even wear a tie; but, they get caught by a group of weed-smoking, Marley-loving hippies who force them to reject society and dread their hair as a symbol of loyalty to the Rasta in their soul. 

2) The half-hawk, half-mullet:  The head of this person is the result of experimenting lengths with a pair of clippers.  They first tried a 0 on the sides and weren't sure if they liked the whiteness of their scalp.  As an alternative, they opted for a lengthier top... but not so lengthy as to get in their eyes.  A 1 did the job quite well, and it left enough for styling into one of those cute little faux-hawks that everyone is wearing nowadays.  Here comes the kicker, though: the clippers ran out of batteries before the person could decide the length for the back of their hair.  So, with 7-8 inches of gorgeous mane left, they ran with the look.  Just watch, he'll be in next month's issue of HairTrends International.

No comments: