Monday, March 7, 2011

The Soundtrack of My Life

For the past week or so, I've woken up each day with a different song stuck in my head. Sometimes it's a return to middle school and a little bit of "What Would You Do?" Don't mess. I know all the lyrics.

Yesterday morning it was another nostalgic moment with my friend Nelly and his "Ride Wit Me." (Okay. I never claimed to have great taste in hip-hop hits.)

This morning, I decided to really class it up with Cee Lo Green's "Forget You." I fully admit to loving this song, and it really helped me start my day off on the right note.

Psychoanalyze all you want, but I'll attest to loving no more about these songs than their catchy beats and semi-offensive lyrics. And it helps to start my morning with a dance party and a little bit of ghetto gracefulness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm surprised "Pimp Juice" by our good friend Nelly is not the first song that presents itself to you in the morning.... :) :|