Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's Been an Adventure

I seem to produce the best blogging in moments of absolute boredom. If that's the truth, then right now I should be writing a masterpiece, full of insight and intrigue, and sure to make you giggle.

The ten-day blogging hiatus has gotten the best of me, and for some reason all of my profound thoughts left with the snow that slowly melts outside my apartment window. I'm here to write something, although I'm not sure where it will go, yet.

You all should know that I'm a sucker for adventure. A long time ago, I decided that the only life I wanted was one where I could say, "I did that." I remember starting a savings fund so that I could return to Disney World when I was fourteen. I don't think I had a very good concept of the impracticality of that goal, but fortunately I didn't have to end up riding Small World by myself, as a teenager.

There were also the times that I decided to go to Europe, alone. I maintain that those experiences were the most influential times of my life, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I've also made a point to see as much of the United States as I can, and I'm slowly ticking places off of my eternally-long bucket list.

But that's not all.

Adventure happens right here in my backyard. It happened two weekends ago when I got locked out of my apartment and had to spend the night at the apartment of the guy I like. I have adventures walking home from work in giant blizzards and torrential downpours that create puddle-lakes. Any given moment is an adventure in this one wild life of mine, and I'm learning to make the down times just as influential and substantial as the crazy times.

So, tonight, this blog is my adventure. I'm using my words to go someplace new; join me if you dare.

No comments: