Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring!


Turns out that I'm coming down with whatever illness he had last week. So lame. I'll make the best of it, though, and thank the heavens that next week is my spring break. I foresee lots of Einstein bagels, park adventures, and a resurrection of my photo career from last summer. I'm a pretty fabulous photographer, when the subject in question is a little boy with autism. It's pretty helpful that he looks angelic, even if it's not quite an accurate portrayal of just what a handful he can be.

It finally decided to be warm in Logan, and I'm looking forward to the longer days and open windows of the next few months. I realized that I was nicer today, too, as if the weather might actually affect my mood. Hmmmm. Let's just say that whoever gets to know me in the middle of winter (bless his heart) has to wade through a lot of crap before uncovering the happy-go-lucky, summer-lovin' Emily that begins to emerge right about now. It always surprises me just how happy I am to be rid of winter and on to the other glorious (and warmer) seasons.

More to come: baby animals, bicycle rides, and a return to the cooking/homemaking fiend that I can really be.

No comments: