Saturday, January 22, 2011

Out with a Bang.

Once again, I approach the blogging world as my clock nears 2:00 am. Even though my room is spinning and I'm feeling the adrenaline crash of the past few hours, I can't put my mind at ease until I've divulged all of my random warblings to a listening audience. As I put together the pieces of a scattered day, I am left with a beautiful collage of my myriad adventures in a land called Logan. And, as I wake tomorrow, I know the skiffs of snow will provide additional opportunities for me to cherish.

Today started with a completely normal routine at work. Other than my free lunch and an explanation to my $100 bonus, nothing too surprising happened. I didn't get my hair pulled, though, and no one sassed me; those things always equal a good day.

After spending another four hours at my afternoon job, I felt like the night had to provide some excitement to punctuate my rather bland day. I planned an evening with a coworker, and we set off to watch a show at the on-campus performance hall. While I'm not sure if she hated it, I had an incredible time, and I'm further convinced of the beauty in expressions of the human spirit.

Music moves me. Dance stirs me. Theatre gives my life a much-appreciated perspective.

And it was there, amongst the elderly Yahtzee-playing crowd that I realized that I didn't want to be anywhere else than listening to Audra McDonald sing "Stars and Moon."


Now, as I finally succumb to the warm blankets and soft pillow cradling my head, I'm ever grateful for the beauty in my life. I'm grateful for friends who punctuate my life with loud laughter and unforgettable kindness. I'm astounded by the way that my dreams continue to come true, and I know that wherever I go in life, I'll always shoot for the moon.

And with that, I say goodnight.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love Audra McDonald and Songs for a New World. Bless you.