Monday, January 3, 2011

Filling the Bucket

I'm involved with Daily Challenge from MeYouHealth, and today our challenge was to share five things from our bucket list. While I've never actually compiled a list of the things I want to do before I "kick the bucket," I'm always dreaming up new things that I want to do before I die (or, better yet, before I turn 25). In most ways, I think I'm very fortunate to have accomplished so many things that are on others' bucket lists. I'm a pretty lucky girl, but my luck won't keep me from dreaming up new and greater things to do with this one life of mine. Here are some recent goals:

Write a book. My dad swears that it'll be the next book he reads (which really means that he will be illiterate for a very long time), but I'll be sure to publish something worthwhile. Just give me ten years, and I'll have something better than Twilight for you to put on your bookshelf.

Attend the Summer Olympics (more specifically the 2012 Olympics in London, England). I would love to see the tennis at Wimbledon or the marathon through the streets of the most beautiful city on earth. I'm already signed up to purchase tickets when they become available in March.

Have a family to love, play with, cook for, teach, and love some more.


Own a house in Carmel, California. It doesn't have to be this one, but I'm not too fussy.

Kick an 8-foot ceiling. This has been one of my quirky goals since I was in high school. Last time I checked, I'm about an inch from my target.

There you have it, my current bucket list. Perhaps I'll kick the bucket at the same time I kick the ceiling. That would be pretty remarkable.

No comments: