Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Just a Little Pity Party

Instead of my obsessive compulsive alternating between facebook and gmail, I decided to be a little more productive and create a blog post. I really don't have anything new to say since... umm... my post three days ago, but I'll bore you nonetheless.

First, I must make a confession. I'm so sick of winter, I could spit. Except, then my spit would probably freeze, and I'd slip and fall on my butt. Two days ago I was in awe of the crystalized world of Logan, Utah, but today I'm not too happy about the shivering, slush, or haze. Granted, we had a few beautiful hours today between the snowstorm and dusk, but I'm really just ready for warm sunshine again. Anyway, the one thing I really can't change is the weather, so I must stop complaining.

The other little gripe I have to make goes along with the weather, but it's a lot more personal than the classic "coat or no coat?" conundrum. I'm ready to have a best friend again. I'm sick of planning things with my many different acquaintances, wondering if any of them really like me for more than a once a week taco outing or a Borders run. I hope this doesn't sound like a pity party, because for the most part, I am more than happy to be by myself. I have gotten used to the idea of planning and executing my own personal goals, but I'd still like to have that one friend who never fails me. I think the cold makes me a little bit more lonesome, especially when I see the other cuddling couples around me. I believe, though, that if I'm able to get through January and February without a broken heart or a broken leg (from slipping on the ice), I will be in tip-top shape. After twenty three years of insatiable independence, there is no way that I'm going to let myself get hung up on the mushy longings of so many dramatic girls. I'm much happier when I'm thinking of the ways that I will change my life, and, in due time, find the one person who will love me for who I am. Let us all resolve to be a little stronger, a little better, and a little warmer through these tough winter months.

{What I wouldn't give to be in the "Happiest Place on Earth," wearing sandals.}

1 comment:

Sorensen said...

What the crap! You shouldn't be wearing pants at Disneyland or Disneyworld...Where ever that is! And speaking of borders, I remember a time when I saw you there and it was fun. That is all!