Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Schedule


My typical day goes something like this:
  • 6:45 – wake up.
  • 7:45 – off to work, listening to NPR after finishing my 10-minute regimen with the Today Show.
  • 8:00-5:00 – work. It's so boring that I don't have anything else to say about it. Besides this. And, I get an hour for lunch, during which time I've started coming home to watch Ellen. That might be the best hour of the day.
  • 5:00 – come home, work out (as of late), fix dinner, eat dinner, watch Jeopardy, debate my “plans” for the rest of the night.
  • 8:30-9:30 – realize that the only place I really want to be is in my big, warm, comfortable bed. Hop into my pajamas and get in that place. Watch a TV show or movie/read a book/write on the computer/blog stalk.
  • 9:30-10:30 – succumb to fatigue and hit the hay.
It sounds so utterly unproductive, and really it is. I don't care for anyone but myself. I only just started looking for volunteer opportunities and other social outlets that will get me out of the house for more than just my 8-hour workday. Here's the truth, though: I've become a homebody. I'd rather be doing stuff that I love to do than getting froofy and poofy for someone else. I would rather not socialize with the people of Logan (in general; I do have a few friends whom I love dearly). I'm happy (enough) here, and I'm not worried about what I'm missing by staying in. That's all there is to it.

Also, I might have just admitted to watching way more TV than is healthy. Oh well.

No comments: