Saturday, January 28, 2012

303 Months

Yesterday, I realized that I have been alive for exactly 303 months. It wasn't anything monumental, but in my numerical mind, it was refreshing to notice just what turned me into the 25-year-and-3-month-old I am today.

I've spent 117 months in public school.
I've spent 36 months in college.
I've spent 2.5 months in Europe.
I've spent 4 months in relationships.
I've spent the past 24 months in the workforce - the last 6 of which have absolutely flown by.

It's pretty simple to whittle all of my major life events into a calendar list, but it also makes me excited for what I have left to achieve.

Most of all, I've realized that not knowing what I'm going to do in the next 303 months of my life is completely okay. I hope that within the next four months I'll be out of Logan or that within the next 36 months I have my car paid off, but other than that, I'm pretty clueless.

It just takes one day at a time to figure it all out.

No comments: