Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Practically Perfect

I have managed to escape my blog for the past few weeks, knowing all along that I had much more to say than I would ever post publicly for the world to see. While I'm sure that all of my readers would love to catch a glimpse of my many journals, know that they're much more clichéd and boring than you'd probably enjoy. For all my cyber-stalkers, though, my life is one-of-a-kind, and I'll live each day striving to fulfill that supposed title.

Wait a minute. My life is one-of-a-kind. I'm Emily, and I'm so excited to be the best version of me that I can possibly be. Even with all of my many quirks, I've discovered that people like me best when I'm that real Emily, the one who spills and blunders and cries in sappy films. I'm (slowly) learning how impossible it is for me to please everyone, though. I can't be the everyone in the world's best friend, and as much as I'd like to have everyone like me, it's not a realistic goal. Knowing this makes me discouraged at times, and at other times, I feel empowered by my many imperfections and the ways that they allow me to connect to others. Nah, I'm not perfect, but I'm pretty darn good at being that way.

1 comment:

Jacob L. Thomas said...

And we wouldn't want you any other way! Amen and amen. :)