Friday, March 12, 2010

Fear You Won't Fall


I never knew that such a perfect song existed, but it does. It came on my itunes today, and it was either the first time I'd heard it, or it was the first time I'd actually listened to the lyrics. I'm continually impressed with the perfect scenarios that seem to enhance my mundane existence into something extraordinary. This moment was one of those extraordinary ones; I sat hovered over my giant journal, writing about how my life is turning into something so much more than I ever imagined. Then, the song. I am astounded, still. I have listened to it at least 10 times in the past few hours, knowing that my feelings are exactly what Joshua Radin describes with his gentle voice. I want him (no, not Joshua Radin... another him) to express the sentiments in this song to me. I feel it. This is my song. For today, everything is good, but I'm still afraid of what I don't know. It is much harder to express this than it is to feel it, but I'm going to get better at doing both, so I can understand what's going on inside this crazy heart of mine. That's all.


{A picture of my giant journal, the best graduation present ever.}

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh that song is just wonderful. If made my heart hurt in a really good way. Lets play again soon!

Brittany said...

I first heard that song when I was dating Josh and it made me cry and cry. (as you know our relationship was kinda crazy...) I love it so much. Also, that journal is absolutely beautiful!