Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Imagine

No. Not the song by John Lennon.

I watched Lars and the Real Girl again tonight, and I was impressed by how much my own imagination plays a part in my day-to-day interactions. I'm always struck by the part in the film where Lars reads a passage from Don Quixote to Bianca. Just like this master, Quixote, we all - in our own ways - enact fanciful situations into our normal lives. Forgive me if this post seems a lot like all of my other ones; this is just something I think about a lot, and it's always interesting for me to express these thoughts in the imaginary world of the internet. Here are a few of my Lars-esque moments as of late:

Planning perfect dates with a boy whom I'm still unsure likes me.
Imagining that I have enough money to buy things from anthropologie, like this.
Even better, thinking up the places I'd wear the aforementioned item, seeing as my life as a socialite is not very notable.
Thinking of all the fun places I'll walk, ride my bike, or explore once it warms up enough... and as soon as my foot heals.
Writing the book that I know is inside me, the one for which I have a title and nothing else written.
All the other stuff.

I am Lars. I'm a girl who imagines. I think too much, and I don't feel enough. I worry a lot, and I'm beginning to wonder if as soon as others believe in my fantasy I'll have to kill it off. Who knows, but I'm trying to mesh my own fantastic Bianca moments into something more real than a giant plastic doll. I guess I'd better get off the internet in order to figure it all out, though.

1 comment:

whitney said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this. It makes me feel better about myself. Thanks Em!