Thursday, January 21, 2016

I Want to See You Be Brave

I'm not one who typically lives by some sort of mantra. Aside from that whole "eat more cake" thing that I have ingrained into my very soul, I don't have a life motto or catch phrase that comes up to remind me how I want to live my life. However, as people of the internets and friends around me talk about New Years Resolutions and "30 before 30" lists and all that kind of stuff, I've felt a little left out due to my lack of such plans.

Instead of making a whole list of things that I want to accomplish before the year's out--and realizing that 365 days isn't nearly enough time to get done all that I add to some list, I've decided to do more things that fall under one broad word.

That word is brave.

I want to live this year unafraid of what is to come, accepting challenges, making changes, and forging relationships that are brave and strong and true. I want to leave my comfort zone of home and career, using bravery to form connections and uncover bits of myself that have been hidden by insecurity, doubt, and time.

"The ultimate definition of bravery is not being afraid of who you are." - Chogyam Trungpa

I hope to document some of my bravest moments on this blog, resurrecting a forum that has long been dormant and uncovering a piece of myself that makes itself known when I sit down and write out my thoughts. Thank you in advance for connecting with me in this space, and know that I cherish your words, your thoughts, and your own attempts to live bravely.



Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says "I'll try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher

No comments: