Sunday, April 21, 2013

California Dreamin'

I just returned from a glorious seven days in Southern California, and while I will always defend New York City as the greatest city in the world, I must admit that Cali also has a piece of my heart. 

This is the view from our condo - and the current Jedi training camp in session. Each morning, I made a point of opening all of the windows and doors, and I soaked up the sunshine and fresh air like medicine. City life has me appreciating every bit of natural light I can get.


Dana Point and some good seafood.



My new favorite pastime is watching guys in wetsuits doing anything skimboarders.


After a mandatory trip to Balboa Island, I must conclude that "There's always money in the Banana Stand."


My love for Disney borders on unhealthy, but I'm not ashamed.





I took far more pictures of Cars Land, but I'll spare those of you who are enduring this mega picture overload...


Me, with the man who started it all.


"They can never get the nose!"


Cute siblings.


Possibly my new favorite picture. Mickey Mouse is my boyfriend - he even kissed my hand, twice! (What is it with me and shorter guys?)



Joseph Gordon-Levitt calls it "Angela's Plaza" in (500) Days of Summer. It's really called "Angel's Knoll," and it's filled with more homeless people than attractive young architect/greeting card designers. Bummer.





Seriously, since when did California become so photogenic? I swear I did not take one unattractive picture in all seven days.


If I could go back today, I would. And I'd see the World of Color at least seventeen more times. Amazing. Disney doesn't do low-key.

All in all, it was a fantastic week, and I'll be living through these pictures until I can find the money to return. I love you, California, despite what my fellow east-coasters say!

No comments: