Wednesday, July 6, 2011

These Days.

These days I'm struggling to figure out what I'm still doing up in Logan. Without air-conditioning, a solid 9-5 job, and a worry-free living situation, I'm pushed to escape the confines of Cache Valley and make something bigger of my life.

These days I sleep with ice bottles in my bed. I might have temporary numbness in my lower appendages, but at least I'm not roasting.

These days I'm counting down to my trip to DC. Only seven days till I'm on a jet plane headed for our nation's capital.

These days I watch Christmas movies to remind myself that we only have six months left to complete all our shopping and wrapping. Actually, the Christmas movie is The Holiday, and it's mostly due to Jude Law's attractiveness that I'm watching it. Oh, and the fact that it's snowing. Have I mentioned how warm I am at the moment? Snow is a beautiful sight.

These days, I'm grateful for the little things, and I'm going to keep plugging along until I get to where I want to be.

No comments: