Tuesday, June 2, 2009

And Then She Posted

I can't believe I have neglected my blog for more than a month.  It is not that I don't have the time.  Rather, I have just found other things to occupy my day.  With jobliness and playingness, I am a busy girl.

In a little more than four weeks, I will return to a land that I love.  I can't wait to revisit my friends in continental Europe and Scandinavia.  I think that the four little flights might be the most adventurous parts of the whole trip.  I hope I can return with my sanity and wallet intact.  Let us all pray that I won't become like those girls in the movie Taken.  (I refused to watch that movie after being told that my cute cop cab ride was a sin... can you even imagine?)

Other than trip planning, I have notched many more memories into my "Summer Adventure Belt."  I reconnected with my friend, Tyler, and we have been able to continue our random outings to the greater land of Salt Lake City and IKEA.  We even decided to make our own "Adventure Books" like the one in the movie UP!.  I'm sure that we could fill volumes with our many silly adventures; there is no one besides Ty with whom I would rather have those adventures, though.  We really are one-of-a-kind.

From happy thoughts to mere rambling: I think that I might go insane if I can't have a good, solid, intellectual conversation very very soon (please note all of the italics in the previous sentence).  I don't mean this to sound harsh, but both family and work life leave something to be desired in the realm of intellectual stimulation.  Now don't go thinking that I have something against meal planning, television, or boyfriends, but they are nothing compared to the passion that flows in an English classroom.  I would even give up Tori and Dean if I could find someone who would teach me more about World War II Britain.  My parents have made it very clear that my interests have nothing to do with them, and they distance themselves from me whenever I try to engage them in a topic that I find fascinating.  Where my mom likes "The Antiques Roadshow," I enjoy CNN.  When I try to talk about books, they bring up "The Readers' Digest" or the "Ensign."  Don't think that my interests are in any way superior to theirs; however, they are very different.  This discrepancy leaves me feeling alone and alienated in my own home.  They have made it very clear that they don't want to like what I like, and I feel basically the same way about their interests.

My rant ends there, but I end with a plea for someone to call, email, text, or visit me to talk about something other than television or school lunch!  I beg of you!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay Lauridsen said...

I would love to talk about Britain during World War II! When I think of Britain during WWII, I think of the Blitz bombing of London by the Germans. Adolf Hitler ordered these bombings in order to demoralize the Britains into submission. But in fact, the bombings worked in reverse. The British people buoyed up with Bulldog tenacity and were resolved to win the war.